Here you can see how to configure one VPNconnection on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch). IOS devices can use VPN either using the built-in VPNfeature or third party apps.
The built-in VPN is easiest to use as it is integrated into iOS, but can only be used with a limited number of encryption protocols. Do you want to use the most secure protocol, OpenVPN, therefore, use a third-party app (VPN app not from Apple).
To be able to use VPN on iOS devices, you must either have access to one VPN server at your workplace, educational site or similar, or you must have an active subscription at a commercial VPN-udbyder.
Configuration of VPN with third party apps
Do not want to use iOS 'built-in VPN function, you can configure and manage your VPNconnection using apps designed for the purpose. If you use a commercial VPNprovider, it is best to clearly use the provider's own iOS app. It is tailored to that person VPNservice, ensuring the best user experience. There may also be special features, e.g. speed test or kill switch, which can only be used with the provider's app.
Because there are just as many VPN apps that are VPN providers, we can not provide a detailed guide on how to install, configure and use just that VPNyou subscribe to, but generally the steps will be as follows:
- Select and subscribe to it VPNprovider you choose. See if any. our VPN anmeldelser.
- Then, in most cases, you will receive an email from VPNprovider with instructions on how to install, configure and use their app. Alternatively, this information can be found on the provider's website. These instructions are usually very detailed and easy to follow.
- You are now ready to use your new one VPN-connection.
Have you chosen one VPNprovider who does not offer an iOS app, or if you do not want to use it for some reason, you can apply OpenVPN Connect. It's a third party VPN app that can be used to connect to most VPNproviders offering encryption with the secure OpenVPN Protocol.
Setting up iOS 'built-in VPN
IOS devices have a built-in VPN function that works with VPNservers that support these encryption protocols and authentication methods:
- L2TP / IPSec with user authentication via MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID, or CRYPTOCard, as well as a masking authorization via Shared Secret.
- PPTP with user authentication via MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID or CryptoCard.
- Cisco IPSec with user authentication via Password, RSA SecurID or CRYPTOCard as well as a machine authentication via Shared Secret and certificates. Cisco IPSec works with VPN On Demand on domains that you specify.
If you want to use other protocols, you must have a third party app.
You can use certificates in the following raw formats:
- PKCS # 1 (.cer, .crt, .der)
- PKCS # 12 (.p12, .pfx)
Setting off VPN in iOS
- open Settings> General> VPN.
- Vælg add VPNconfiguration.
- Enter your settings VPN connection. Want to connect one VPN At your workplace, your place of education or the like, you should contact your administrator who can provide these settings.
Are you using a commercial VPN provider, you must have the settings from here. They can usually be found on the website under information about your subscription and otherwise you can get them by contacting support.
Beat VPN to and from
Once you have entered and saved the settings for your VPN connection, it can be turned on and off under settings. When you are connected to VPNnetwork appears VPNicon in status bar on iOS device.
Check these top 5 VPN services
Kr. 44 / md
$ 6.67 / month
Kr. 29 / md
$ 3.71 / month
Kr. 27 / md
$ 4.08 / month
Kr. 33 / md
$ 5.00 / month
Kr. 34 / md
$ 5.19 / month