PureVPN is a great one VPN provider at an absolutely competitive price of only DKK 37 (€ 5.81). With servers in over 140 countries - including Denmark - offering PureVPN one of the industry's largest VPN-network.
Both security is top notch, as all the usual encryption protocols can be used - including the recommendable OpenVPN. No user activity data is logged, so PureVPN can rightly be considered an anonymous one VPN-service.
The client software has a useful kill switch function that effectively prevents leakage of potentially sensitive data in case of failure and permits P2P / torrent download on most servers. On top of the hat there are apps for all imaginable devices (PC, smartphone, tablet, router, etc.) that are both simple and user-friendly and can be used by everyone.
All the common encryption protocols can be used: OpenVPN (256 bit), PPTP (128bit), IPSec / L2TP (256bit), SSTP, and IKeV2 (256bit).
Remember to use the OpenVPN wherever you can (available protocols may vary depending on the app and platform / operating system).
Security: 10 / 10
PureVPN does not log the use of the service and it is thus not registered which websites the users visit, what they download, what they upload, write etc.
There has been a single unfortunate one case of cyber stalkingwhere a user was identified and convicted based on technical data from PureVPN. However, there was no question that the authorities were tracking him via PureVPNbut that the company alone could state that the defendant had been connected to one VPNserver on the network at any given time.
Since at the same time the wronged party in the case had been harassed by a person using an IP address of PureVPNs network, the circumstances were part of a larger amount of evidence that the person was ultimately convicted of.
Due. great internal competition VPNmarket, some competitors blew the case up to something it is not, by claiming that PureVPN spoke untrue to being an anonymous VPNservice and that the user had been tracked because he had used PureVPN.
However, the user was NOT identified based on information provided by PureVPN and one can rightly claim that the case just proves that PureVPN not logging sensitive data on the application, which can be used to identify users - for that type of information, the authorities must undoubtedly have tried to obtain during the investigation, but in vain.
Anonymity: 10 / 10
Servers and features
PureVPN has + 500 servers distributed in 180 locations in 141 countries, including 2 servers in Denmark. VPNThe servers are distributed across all continents (however, one must do without Antarctic servers) with 158 servers in North and Central America, 26 in South America, 249 in Europe, 34 in Oceania, 80 in Asia and 36 in Africa. It is one of the largest and most geographically widespread server networks on the market and will cover virtually every user's needs.
The user software is very easy to use and can quickly connect to VPNnetwork with a single click. There is a built-in help function that automatically selects the server and encryption protocol according to what you need VPN to (see picture). If there is a need for help, the support department is ready to assist around the clock every day of the week.
In addition to encryption on VPNnetwork, have PureVPN a number of useful features:
- Split tunneling: VPNThe client can control the Internet traffic of selected programs around it VPN- the connection so that they are directly connected to the internet and the other data uses VPNnetwork. It is a great advantage if you need both types of connections at the same time.
- Kill switch: Disconnects the Internet connection immediately if connected VPNThe server is interrupted. Ensures that sensitive information is not leaked despite outcomes.
- P2P / file sharing: P2P / file sharing connections are allowed on most of PureVPNs servers, however, not in countries where P2P is locally illegal, such as the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, etc. This blocking does NOT apply to the Danish servers where P2P / file sharing is allowed.
- P2P is allowed on servers in the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bolivia, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Germany, Ghana, Granada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Myanmar, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saint Lucia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Sweden, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Venezuela
- Multi Login: VPN The connection can be used on up to 5 different units at the same time.
- Secure browser: PureVPN offers a particularly secure browser designed to not leak sensitive user information.
In addition, DDoS protection, fixed IP address and NAT firewall can be purchased.
Exist PureVPN apps for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android and guides for manual setup on devices such as routers, consoles (Xbox and PlayStation), Android TV, Apple TV, etc.
The only thing missing is SmartDNS, so one can also avoid geographically based restrictions on eg. Netflix etc. directly on Smart TV, consoles, Apple TV, etc. So far, it is only ExpressVPNthat throws that feature into the subscription.
Servers and Features: 9 / 10
Et PureVPN subscription costs from DKK 43 (€ 5.81) on payment for one year at a time, which costs DKK 521 (€ 70). For a single month payment, the subscription costs DKK 71 (€ 9.60).
There is no free option, but a 7-day trial for $ 7 (€ 0.99). After the 7 days, you automatically switch to an annual subscription.
Besides VPNsubscription, a number of additional services can be purchased: DDoS protection, fixed IP address and port forwarding. It costs DKK 2 to 6 (€ 0.25 to € 0.99) per month.
Regardless of your subscription, the entire amount paid may be refunded for up to 31 days if you should be dissatisfied with the service.